AgingPro.com is the national one-stop destination that delivers the most comprehensive set of caregiving tools, resources, community support information and access to professionals in aging available on the Web. We bring everything you need to one place and bridge the gaps between those giving, planning and supporting eldercare.
Our purpose is to improve the quality of life and quality of care for older people, caregivers, and the professionals that serve them by providing the world's best information, resources, and products that enhance eldercare and planning for aging. Our intention is to put an end to the "maze of senior services."
Founded by professional Geriatric Care Manager, Cheryl Mathieu, Ph.D., M.S.W., AgingPro organizes the resources on aging and eldercare to make them accessible and useful to everyone.
AgingPro.com serves three primary audiences on a national basis:
- Caregivers: Loved ones managing (or planning to manage) the care of at least one person aged 50+
- Professionals in Aging: Professionals in fields such as healthcare, social work, housing, transportation, finances and law who provide support for older people and their caregivers.
- People Planning for their Future: Those who want to plan ahead to create their aging, their way.
Chances are there's someone in your family who is approaching a time of life when they will need some sort of care. In 2007, about one in four US households was caring for an elder frail or disabled loved one. This number is projected to double by 2030.
Caring for an older loved one can be emotionally, physically, and financially draining. Caregivers often feel isolated and without resources. In times of need, vital resources have been complicated to find and difficult to navigate alone. AgingPro.com is designed to provide the eldercare support and information that caregivers need to find:
- Professionals serving older adults and their caregivers
- Candid information about what is involved in aging and eldercare
- Healthcare information
- Housing information
- Hard-to-find eldercare products
- Community discussion and advice
- Tutorials on the issues of aging
In addition, AgingPro.com provides a forum for Professionals in the aging field to share tips, offer services to the caregiver community, find inspiration, locate continuing education and jobs, and stay up to date on the latest industry news. AgingPro.com's "Planning My Future" section helps those who want to make well-informed choices for their future, creating their aging, their way. AgingPro is enhancing the aging experience for consumers and the professionals who serve them.
AgingPro.com membership is free and registered members can access all authorized resources, participate in community discussions, rate articles and services, and ask questions of the experts. We welcome your feedback and suggestions for improving our community. If you're interested in advertising on AgingPro.com, or joining our expert community, please contact us.